End in sight for Pi zero shortage?

Pimoroni, which must be some sort of record. Still in stock at 8.40 pm.

Dave Farrance

Thanks, I got to order one with a hat today

Björn Lundin

day at

.

I managed to grab one last week, stock levels between the shop item page and checkout were all over the place. Add Pi Zero and and couple of other things to basket, go to checkout Pi Zero Out of Stock. Back to shop, another Pi Zero option still instock, add that, fall over the "only one Pi per customer", amemd basket, second option now OSS. Remove that go back to shop, orginal option now back in stock, add that, check out, BINGO.

I guess people were adding Zero's to their baskets but that doesn't appear to reserve stock until you go to checkout and, I think, try to pay. When they get the "oops, OoS" message they give up and either empty their basket or just let the checkout process time out. Either way their held stock eventually goes back to the shop.

Headless Zero sat here under Raspbian Lite, decoding a serial data stream from a Resol Solar Controller and a few 1-Wire sensors. Also has nginx web server, PHP and gnuplot installed so the captured data can be viewed via we pages accessed via ethernet provided by a MikroElectonica SPI 10BASE-T board based on the ENC20J60. Went for this expensive version as it will plug into a bread board. The "couple of quid, two weeks from china" versions won't as they all tend to use a 2x5 header.

The ENC20J60 is in device tree, google found a simple way to define the MAC address(*), 1-Wire is in the kernel, serial support in Python, all rather too easy.

Now looking at giving it proper 802.3.af PoE via the Infomart PEM1200 module, that will involve some hardware hacking as the RJ45 socket on the ENC20J60 board is not PoE compatible, just tacking a couple of wires on ain't going to work.

(*) It would randomly change after a few minutes, don't know why maybe an iffy jumper connection, but it hasn't moved since I put in the google fix. Net scanners also see it as a Raspberry Pi Foundation device. B-)

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Micro Center has shown the rPi zero in stock since Friday. If it is still in stock by Monday evening a friend will be able to pick one up for me.

--

Rick C
Reply to

The Pi Zero (by itself) is in stock at the Pi Hut as of 4pm, 14 June.

Dave Farrance

Back in stock today, 15th June, still available as of 4:45pm.

Reply to
Dave Farrance

The Pi Zero (by itself) has been in stock all day at the Pi Hut today (23rd June) and is still in stock at 7.50 pm.

Dave Farrance