DVD movies?

This is not a linux/rPi query: sorry.
I was forced to buy a new laptop after my systems were stolen.
So, can this thing, with a DVD and a HDMI socket, play DVD-movies to
a TV-set, which was tested as being able to show the computer display?

Do the DVD films really play for over 30 minutes?

==TIA.

Re: DVD movies?

:

DVD movies uses a MPEG2 encoding if I remember correctly, you need to buy t
he MPEG2 decoder license (around 2$ at http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-li
cense-key/)
In any case there should be no problem, I use a Rpi1B as media center, and
I watch without problem 1080p movies encoded in h264.

You may want to check openelec as distro.

Bye Jack

Re: DVD movies?

*****This is not a linux/rPi query:

Re: DVD movies?
yes

why not?

Re: DVD movies?
On Wed, 1 Feb 2017 12:22:20 -0000 (UTC)

That will be "trolling in anticipation".

Site Timeline