DVD movies?

This is not a linux/rPi query: sorry. I was forced to buy a new laptop after my systems were stolen. So, can this thing, with a DVD and a HDMI socket, play DVD-movies to a TV-set, which was tested as being able to show the computer display?

Do the DVD films really play for over 30 minutes?

==TIA.

Reply to
Unknown
:

DVD movies uses a MPEG2 encoding if I remember correctly, you need to buy t he MPEG2 decoder license (around 2$ at

cense-key/) In any case there should be no problem, I use a Rpi1B as media center, and I watch without problem 1080p movies encoded in h264.

You may want to check openelec as distro.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

yes

why not?

The Natural Philosopher

*****This is not a linux/rPi query:
The Natural Philosopher

That will be "trolling in anticipation".

Reply to
Rob Morley