dongle wifi non più riconosciuto raspbian

su un raspberry con Volumio su SD ho scollegato un dongle wifi "a caldo". D

a, l'ho collegato ad una porta usb di un pc windows e funziona perfettament

to la SD e ho ricaricato Volumio (che di base credo sia una distribuzione R aspbian) ma nulla da fare, funziona solo la rete cablata nella porta ethern et. Cosa posso provare a fare?

Reply to
cla68

Does the USB socket work OK with other devices that are USB-powered?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Are we sure that the driver for the dongle works in Linux? Not everything that works in Windows has a Linux driver.

There should be a supported hardware list on the Debian site. I'd check that first before anything else.

I haven't tried the ndis driver on a Raspberry PI. It is a kernel module that lets Linux drive a wireless network interface using Windows XP files. That gives you an idea of how long ago I used it on an Intel box. Things could have advanced with the times.

Reply to
Vlad D. Markov

He said he unplugged it while it was running, and now it no longer works even with a fresh OS install (although it does on a Windows box).

Reply to
Rob Morley

After tearing out my guts, to go on-line with a 3G-dongle, I analysed why it seemed so difficult. It's because people who have done it don't know the underlying mechamism, or that they say "doA, doB.... The correct method, especially for a 'serial-event-process' is: CONFIRM1, CONFIRM2, .... There's no point in tuning for the station, until it's confirmed that the 'radio-is-switched-on'. For 3gDongle do: = confirm that usb-dongle is detected by system; lsusb, demesg | tail, ..etc. = confirm that method to switch dongle from CDROM to modem works: `eject ` usually suffices, else there's = my dongle gives feedback via LEDs. Only after the above stages have succeeded, need you go on to ppp ..etc.

I can't remember why [it's in my notes], but rPi needed in my old PC's chat/ppp script. Apparently rPi's pppd is different. I had to install on rPi. OTOH apparently they use something else today. I could paste my scripts?

Reply to
Unknown