dongle wifi non pił riconosciuto raspbian

su un raspberry con Volumio su SD ho scollegato un dongle wifi "a caldo". D

a, l'ho collegato ad una porta usb di un pc windows e funziona perfettament

to la SD e ho ricaricato Volumio (che di base credo sia una distribuzione R
aspbian) ma nulla da fare, funziona solo la rete cablata nella porta ethern
et.
Cosa posso provare a fare?

Re: dongle wifi non pił riconosciuto raspbian
On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 05:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

Does the USB socket work OK with other devices that are USB-powered?

Re: dongle wifi non pił riconosciuto raspbian

Are we sure that the driver for the dongle works in Linux? Not everything
that works in Windows has a Linux driver.

There should be a supported hardware list on the Debian site. I'd check that
first before anything else.

I haven't tried the ndis driver on a Raspberry PI. It is a kernel module that
lets Linux drive a wireless network interface using Windows XP files. That
gives you an idea of how long ago I used it on an Intel box. Things could
have advanced with the times.

Re: dongle wifi non piĆ¹ riconosciuto raspbian
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 02:22:09 GMT

He said he unplugged it while it was running, and now it no longer
works even with a fresh OS install (although it does on a Windows box).

Re: dongle wifi non pi? riconosciuto raspbian

After tearing out my guts, to go on-line with a 3G-dongle, I analysed
why it seemed so difficult.
It's because people who have done it don't know the underlying mechamism,
or that they say "doA, doB....
The correct method, especially for a 'serial-event-process' is:
 CONFIRM1, CONFIRM2, ....
There's no point in tuning for the station, until it's confirmed that the
'radio-is-switched-on'. For 3gDongle do:
= confirm that usb-dongle is detected by system; lsusb,
    demesg | tail, ..etc.
= confirm that method to switch dongle from CDROM to modem works:
   `eject <device>` usually suffices, else there's <mode-switch>
= my dongle gives feedback via LEDs.
Only after the above stages have succeeded, need you go on to ppp ..etc.

I can't remember why [it's in my notes], but rPi needed <noauth> in
my old PC's chat/ppp script. Apparently rPi's pppd is different.
I had to install <pppd> on rPi. OTOH apparently they use something
else today. I could paste my scripts?

Site Timeline