DIN rail case for Rpi2

I'm working slowly toward replacing some hobby web servers with a group of Raspberry Pi 2 hosts. One important criterion is the ability to shut down, disconnect and remove any one of them without disturbing the others. Leaving them loose on the worktable makes a very impressive plate of spaghetti, though the access is excellent.

8-)

One thought was to use regular plastic cases and hold them in broom clips, but that seems rather crude. The cases sold by CanaKit have mounting screw holes, but they're in the face opposite the camera mount, I'd like to mount the cases on edge where the GPIO port is.

I'm aware of the "dog bone" cases, but they don't seem to offer independent acess to each Pi, is this correct?

If anybody knows of a case that mounts along the GPIO edge, whether it's DIN rail, screws or something else, please post a followup.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Reply to
User Bp

Might it work to use the CanaKit case you mentioned but with an angle bracket between the case and the DIN rail adapter?

HTH

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42@jacob21819.net

I found this by googling 'din raspberreey pi' and others

andre

You may get some good ideas from some of these videos:

martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Gregorie

That mounts the Pi flat, with the HDMI and power cables sticking into the space where I'd like to mount the next Pi. It'd work but is bulkier than desired.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Reply to
User Bp

That's an idea which hadn't occurred to me. A quick google search finds many brackets for mounting rails to other objects, but none for components to rails, at least not at right angles.

Still, it's a good idea. I'll keep looking.

Thank you !

bob prohaska

Reply to
User Bp