difference image for pi-zero/pi3

Hello Juergen!

03 Aug 18 16:44, you wrote to All:

JS> I want to use my customized image of rasbian stretch which runs on all JS> models pi2 up to pi3B+ from sdcard (and usb stick on pi3). But on boot JS> I get only the rainbow screen. JS> I can use a fresh rasbian image with model zero. I am not entirely sure, but may be it is because Zero has ARMv6 32bit cpu, while Pi2 and newer has ARMv8 with extra instructions and 32/64bit compatibility?

Just the other day I started up Pi Zero W from scratch using official Raspbian, and even though there is only one Raspbian image for all of the Pis, firt apt upgrade on Zero looked very different from how it looked on Pi 3B. It sure did include a lot of kernel patching.

I also had some trouble running Husky HPT binaries and libs on Zero, which were originally compiled on Pi B3.

Roman

Reply to
Roman Litvinenko

Hi,

I want to use my customized image of rasbian stretch which runs on all models pi2 up to pi3B+ from sdcard (and usb stick on pi3). But on boot I get only the rainbow screen.

I can use a fresh rasbian image with model zero.

Maybe the kernel of my image is too old? I will try an upgrade.

Or ist there more?

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Schroeder

When I had a similar issue I was advised to put the card in the Pi that worked, update, then all was well in the Zero

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

yes this did the job.