Cell Phone Functionality

There are many, many apps for cell phones these days that just are not duplicated for the PC. In particular there are vendor apps which allow you to do things like deposit checks via the cell phone camera, which they don't offer for a PC and scanner.

If I were to install Android on the rPi would I be able to use it with the camera to do the same things over my Internet connection that a cell phone does using various apps?

--

Rick C
Reply to

I don't see why not apart of course from apps that depend on the phone hardware everything should run (perhaps slowly).

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

A number of apps (particularly some of those with serious security like banking) will not operate on a rooted device. I've never installed Android on the Pi, but if I was to guess, I would guess it looks like a rooted device. This might be an issue, depedning on which apps you want to use.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel