Can YOUR system do this?

a.k.a. Oberon's remarkable HCI available on rPi wily :Plan9's copy of ETHO is also good; without Font & colour 'pasting'.

=> I'm posting this effort to rPi group also:--

Did I post my work on HOW2 set rPi's /boot/C*ext for a suitable Frame & font size? My email is screwed since I lost permission to use ETHO.

Has ALO got Open/Store procedures for FAT & unix yet, or should I just copy some code from exiting ETHO procedures?

I didn't continue testing V5 because it couldn't access the outside-world

-YET. We need to be able to roam the complete directory, and launch from anywhere, like the factory-manager who knows and can control anything. LEO is great for that.

If you've got several ALOs running, eventually it's confusing : "where is this one based?" Here's a good trick, for someone to explain to the M$-boys: in the launched-dir, under linux: pwd >> pwd then when in ALO, klux pwd, will show the file:pwd with eg: /usr/local/ALO140418

This is not ideal, since it contaminates the launced-dir with the file:pwd.

Also we need to be able to access any file in the dir-tree from whereever that ALO was launched. LEO is great for that too. Perhaps Linux:V4's start script shows how to. IIRC it uses links. I never suceeded in understanding it - *YET*. Right now I'm writing in ALO. If I was in LEO, I could just search/find/ copy & paste the V4-script, right here, ALL ON THE SAME SCREEN. I'll paste it after I move this ALO originated text to the PC for mailing. [Now back in PC:linux:LEO, this post is already too long!]

That's how tasks are interlinked & complex. That' why we need several files viewable TOGETHER. Which the ETHO family gives us.

Let's pasteNklux:- System.ShowCommands ARMDecoder.Mod == ARMDecoder.Decode ARMDecoder.Decode Hello.Mod == Object file dump

Name: Hello Tag: 245 48 Key: 00000000

Code size: 124 Var size: 0 Strconst size: 12 Entries: 1 Pointer s: 0 TDescs: 0 Imports: 2

Imports: 4905336C Out 49053365 SoftFloat ...etc. bl..bla Code:

Procedure World: 00000000 E92D5000 STMDB SP!, {FP LR } 00000004 E1A0C00D MOV FP,SP 00000008 E25DD008 SUB S SP,SP,8H 0000000C E59FB04C LDR RB,[PC,+4CH] ( = 96 ( 00000060H) ) 00000010 E50CB004 STR RB,[FP,-4H] ...etc. bl..bla

?! Surely this is not actual disassembly of ARM machine code? It's the carry-over from X86 ?

-> Linux: dd if=Hello.Obj | hexdump -C {LEO can do this, without switching to linux}

00000060 b0 9f e5 04 b0 0c e5 48 b0 9f e5 08 b0 0c e5 0c |.......H........| 00000070 b0 a0 e3 04 b0 2d e5 3c b0 9f e5 04 b0 2d e5 01 |.....-.
Reply to
Unknown

So, basically, ETHO is a tool for randomly stringing words, symbols and files together? No wonder it never sees any real work.

Reply to
Jack Ryan

English isn't his first language, but I suspect he writes unreadable German too.

Reply to
Rob Morley

One might suspect that his first language is gibberish.

Reply to
Raymond Wiker

Doggerel

Reply to
tony van der Hoff

]> Unknown wrote: ]> ]> > For the F/B twitter kiddies, the above is a UNSANATIZED log of using ]> > ETHO for a REAL task. ]> ]> So, basically, ETHO is a tool for randomly stringing words, symbols ]> and files together? No wonder it never sees any real work. ]> ETHO aka Oberon is a langauage and an OS - descendant of Pascal. Despite using ETHO for several years, only after becoming familiar with *unix "piping", did I realise that ETHO provides a similar approach, although less explicitly.

]English isn't his first language, but I suspect he writes unreadable ]German too.

It was an 'engineers log/notes'. Music scores aren't written in prose. If you want poetry, why don't you join the girlies' social forum. =========== I want to speak to the Indjun-year; not the sales clerk !

Reply to
not.socialnetwork