Can't get my Pi to connect to my network

My existing network consists of two Windows 7 Home Premium machines (soon t o be upgraded to Win7 Pro) connected wirelessly via a TP-Link MR-3020 route r (upgraded from a ZTE MF-10). I also have a Huawei 5xxx modem (can't remem ber the exact model) for mobile internet from my tablet and phone (and for emergency use with the computers, should I need this).

I have tried repeatedly, but my Pi will not connect to either the router or the modem. I doubt if file sharing will be necessary (I can always use a t humb-drive for copying), but surely the Pi should be able to get an interne t connection. Even bringing the modem close to the Pi's wireless dongle doe sn't allow it to connect.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Robert Baker

What is the drand and model of the wifi dongle connected to the Pi usb port ?

What wicd-curses shows ?

Rgds, J.

Reply to
Jacques Lav!gnotte

Has the wireless dongle been recognised? Type lsusb in a console.

If it it isn't listed in the output from that command, type dmesg and look in the output for clues.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to gmx in e-mail.
Reply to

It has; I can get the "connect to a network" window to come up, and it lists all available networks, but clicking on either of my networks doesn't work. At best I get a momentary connection, before it drops again.

Reply to
Robert Baker

In a mad moment - Robert Baker mumbled :

That seems like a Crypto failure. Have you set the dongle to the same encryption system as your WiFi? Have you double checked the Crypto Key and entered it correctly, including using the correct case (a A) etc?

--

|)ryn [vans            mail to - BrynEvans@bryork.freeuk.com
Reply to
Bryn Evans

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 06:53:10 -0700 (PDT), Robert Baker declaimed the following:

My be a wild-goose, but could the WiFi routers be blocking on MAC addresses? That's how I have mine configured -- to reject any MAC except a short list I pre-entered. Or limited on how many DHCP IPs they'll provide, and all are taken already?

Dennis Lee Bieber

Could be power related, try again with a powered hub.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to