can a pi do this video trick?

Hello unk!

23 Nov 16 11:18, you wrote to all:

un> I want a box with an on-off switch, a knob, and video-in and un> video-out. The knob controls a delay in the video - max two minutes un> would do (sport analysis).

un> I can do soldering and arduino stuff.

What you are after is a video delayline.. These are, err... were common on Time Base Correctors (TBC)'s in the analog days of video.

At what resolution??? 720p? 1080p?

The audio sync is not important? or you want to delay it as well?

I am just guessing, but even with a Pi3 maxed out on CPU Freq. might not be up to the task, espeically at 1080p. And 720p might be pushing it..

Maybe do the delay OUTSIDE the Pi... with some of these:

Then recombine all the stuff to your desired format for "broadcast/delivery."

Rick

... Ding Dong the Witch is DEAD! I Made America Great Again! President Trump!

Reply to
Rick Christian

Hello unk!

23 Nov 16 11:18, you wrote to all:

un> I want a box with an on-off switch, a knob, and video-in and un> video-out. The knob controls a delay in the video - max two minutes un> would do (sport analysis).

un> I can do soldering and arduino stuff.

SOme FYI....

This probably does what you want on a software side, but unfortunately uses an overpriced crapple... but you might review the source and see if you can rework it to ARMHF and the Pi's

Hardware support for the video digitizer etc., and possibly memory could all be issues for this....

Rick

... Ding Dong the Witch is DEAD! I Made America Great Again! President Trump!

Reply to
Rick Christian

I want a box with an on-off switch, a knob, and video-in and video-out. The knob controls a delay in the video - max two minutes would do (sport analysis).

I can do soldering and arduino stuff.

Reply to
unk

Can you leave politics out of this group, please? Or at least use a standard sig separator dash-dash-space-newline so people may opt out by using the appropriate filter/setting in their usenet readers.

--
Like so. Note the space after the two dashes.
Reply to

A. Dumas (how unusually self aware) - as well as political fanaticism, how about also dealing with people making different computing choices, and realise that one person's different choices don't magically invalidate your own choice. Bonus points if you can apply that principle to your interactions with the wider world.

Seriously - I'm sick to death of desperately insecure zealots. They're just banal and worthless, after my 20 years in Usenet.

Jamie Kahn Genet