Booting the PI

AIUI, the GPU is used to boot the PI through its SD
card interface.

Is there any info around on the file format needed,
as my interest (and professional experience going back
over 40 years) is as a low-level OS and  driver bod?

Also, has anyone attempted to adapt a hard disk to
emulate the SD card interface?

Re: Booting the PI

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f72%&t72%260

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bootmodes/msd.md

Re: Booting the PI

Many thanks for the heads up.

I must get around to unboxing them :-), I've got a Pi 1, a Pi2 and a Pi 3
but never commissioned any of them, being somewhat put off by the
degree of software integration, being a low level man, (Not Invented
Here!), but now that the future is 64 bit, for me the Pi 3 has to be the
future.

Site Timeline