Best media server software for the Pi?

Hallo group,

which media server software you use? I have a model b (256 mb) and I have tested raspbmc and minidlna (under raspbian). The raspbmc caused freezes on my Pi, at every rescan and sometimes whithout to know a reason. Minidlna works fine, but it shows me all artists they only present in samplers. I don't want to see this, it's terrible. I think this cannot be configured in that media server.

Additional informations: I use it only for music (flac), my collection is about 700gb of files. In my network are two renderer present.

Thanks, Schultze

--

							Gerhard Kocher
Reply to

In that case, have you tried mpd?

Reply to
Roger Bell_West

Roger Bell_West schrieb:

No, not yet. I will try next time.

Thanks, Schultze

--

nimmt.
							Hermann Hesse

mpd is just fine, and since you are German: There was a nice setup manual in c't magazine 14, 2014. I have it as pdf. :) As a remote control I use Droid MPD on an Android tablet and Web1.0MPC (web based client, needs Apache, I have it on installed on a NAS box).

- j -

--
Mail address is valid for a limited time only.

Joerg Walther

Joerg Walther schrieb:

Danke, Schultze

--
I've got nothing against God. It's his Fan Club I can't stand.
Reply to

Thank You for this !!

Reply to
hamilton

hamilton schrieb:

You're welcome! ;-)

Signatures randomly selectet by 'fortune', but collected by myself.

Reply to
Michael Schütz