BBS Promotion

Hey Y'all..

Just a one time post to hopefully bring more bbs callers to our hobby.

Doc's Place BBS has been online since 1991 and was one of the first internet
bbses when dial up bbses were going offline.

http://www.was-ist-fido.de/doks/fnews/fido1733.txt

A post similar to this one back in 2000 revived a dead board, and I'm hoping
to attract new callers.

We offer the complete Fidonet backbone. Access Doc's Place BBS by the web at
bbs.docsplace.org or via Telnet on port 26.

We also offer QWK via web browser. Just set your web qwk areas and download
the generated packet. Uploading your rep packet works the same way.

Check us out when ya get a chance.. :)

Don't Shoot.. I'm only the messenger!!

Re: BBS Promotion

OK,I won't shoot - provided you can explain, with references, why Fidonet
is superior to NNTP.

Yes, I used BBSes until I was able to get an internet connection from
Demon using a dial-up connection and a 32Kb modem. I've never looked back
since that gave me NNTP access.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK