Automatic reconnection to wireless network

I have a Pi Zero working as a backup server. Occasionally, it seems to lose the wireless network and is unable to reconnect automatically.

Is there some way to configure so that if the connection drops for some reason, it will try to reconnect until it succeeds?

Thanks,

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

How are you configuring the wireless network at the moment - NetworkManager or something else?

Reply to
Roger Bell_West

I have the network's details in the wpa_supplicant.conf file.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

you could probably wrote a script that pings and if it pfails recboots the network. Not sure how to do that though

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Basically whatever's bringing the network up now can probably be told to do it again.

I use Raspbian lite, and I put in root's crontab:

  • * * * * /sbin/ifup wlan0

and that works well for me.

Reply to
Roger Bell_West