Audio file metadata?

Yep. (I think) I've verified that it doesn't do any database queries if it's set to 'Manual...' It seems to need restarting to change a preference setting, which was fooling me a bit yesterday. But I'm pretty sure it was set to "When track starts playing" when I first looked, and I'm also sure I never set it before.

I was also puzzled by there not being any apparent download of the art, but of course it's being cached (~/.cache/vlc/art/arturl). I still haven't figured out what the IDs in that directory connect to -- they aren't visible in any of the other downloaded data.

I'm much happier not having all my music selections broadcast to the cloud (:-/), though I guess they're only actually being used to locate the cover art.

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete

Ahh. Thanks for that! I see (now that you mention it) that my VLC version is "Twoflower". Glad that they're honouring Terry. I suppose that "Goldeneye" is just a leftover they didn't want to change.

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete

There's only 5 entries there, but I noticed ~/.cache/vlc/art/artistalbum has 453 entries. I assume these are being cached from the data stored in the mp3 files.

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk  |    http://www.signal11.org.uk
Reply to
Mike