Any resources in French?

Hi,

I'm planning to give a Pi to my nephew for Xmas (he's 12), but he's French and although his English is OK (for a 12yo) it's probably not up to reading technical documentation. I've googled for some resources, but not seen anything useful.

Anyone know of good RPi tutorials in French?

TIA

Reply to
chris

It's much easier to learn the necessary technical terms in the original documentation than have everything translated somehow. English is still *the* language for computer people. Most discussions are also in English on the net.

Reply to
Thomas Odorfer

Easier for whom? Certainly not a 12yo.

I wonder if that's even true, anymore? Considering the chinese social media platforms are amongst the largest in the world, it won't be long before that Chinese is the most common language, if it isn't already.

Reply to
chris

Except for the French. Byte / octet for example. *Way* back when we had a s/h IBM mainframe that had come from a French newspaper. There was an appalling pong of French cigarettes when we first fired it up :;) But all the front panel was in French. Gave the engineers no end of grief. Even though all the lights and switches were in the same places.

--
Regards
Dave Saville

I find things like EBU-UER or NATO-OTAN humorous. When you can't even agree on the name of the organisation what chance does international cooperation have? ;)

Reply to
Guesser

Google "raspberry pi site:.fr" and see if it helps. :)

Reply to
Marco Campos

Or this "raspberry pi site:.fr tutoriel"

etc.

Reply to
Marco Campos

Christian Brunschen wrote

What you say is true, but you might save your breath to cool your porridge. In the UK any reference to the EU produces a Pavlovian response.

--
John Rickman -  http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk/lynx
Tout a été dit, mais comme personne n'écoute, il faut toujours

I am aware; I live in London.

// Christian

Reply to
Christian Brunschen

Regardless of what the politicians of various stripes may think about a unified Europe its precisely what the Eurocrats, EASA for instance, want.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Martin Gregorie

Thanks.

The first one is a bit specific - it's for connecting to a specific brand of ADSL router.

The second one is better and has lots of links in the comments. This one is particularly useful, I think

chris