Anaconda on Ubuntu for a Pi 4?

From searching the web, I get the impression there's no up to date version of Anaconda for Raspbian. Does anyone know if it's possible to install Anaconda on a 64-bit Ubuntu server installation on a Pi 4?

Thanks.

--
gardens of nocturne, forbidden delights,
reins of steel, and it's all right
Reply to
Adam Funk

Probably, but better switch to the Ubuntu Desktop 20.10 version for Raspberry Pi. In my experience it's a lot smoother than Ubuntu Server

20.04 + added desktop. That's partially my limited experience with installing desktops on server distros, but mainly I think a whole lot of improvements in the 20.10 RPi version.

(They do say that 20.10 Desktop requires a Pi4 4 GB, so it might not work on a Pi4 with 1 or 2 GB.)

Reply to
A. Dumas

I don't actually need a desktop/GUI --- I was planning to run it headlessly & use ssh.

--
a rose that's not from anywhere that you would know or I would care
Reply to

Dana Mon, 02 Nov 2020 11:17:51 +0000, Adam Funk napis'o:

Remove everythng you don't need...

Reply to
Nikolaj Lazic

What's the advantage of installing "desktop" & removing what you can find of what you don't need, instead of installing "server" & adding things as you discover you need them?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Maybe he meant: go with the server version to begin with.

Until last week or so the advantage was that 20.10 Desktop seems a lot smoother on the Pi than 20.04 Server. But now they released separate

20.10 Server versions:
so I'd say use that except if you simply must have the longer support of 20.04.
Reply to
A. Dumas

If, for any reason, somebody decides to stop updating "server" version you can install what you have and remove packages you do not need. I usually install only the basic packages on my Debian machine and install only the thing I need. Partitioning, kernel, apt... and than install packages I need.

Reply to
Nikolaj Lazic