Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New to it...
I picked up a used Raspberry Pi 3, loaded Raspbian on 64 GB SD, a 128GB USB stick, and loaded Synchronet and Mystic BBS packages on it. I have pi-hole running in a proxmox cluster and may move it to...
4
4

Delayed access via VNC
I have done a couple of temperature measuring projects with different PIs (a Pi3 and a Pi Zero W) and am quite familiar with running them headless via VNC. I thought I would try my hand with a camera...
21
21

Crypto
Been perusing the 5,800 page ARM V8 manual and encountered a statement that the Crypto option is subject to export control, so the RPi being sold into international markets certainly would not get...
1
1

RPi4 A72 processor cryptography?
Does the A72 CPU in the RPi4 have the optional cryptography extensions?
3
3

RPi400?
Which processor is fitted into that integrated solution? RPi4?
10
10

pcmanfm using a whole CPU
Task Manager says that on my RPi 4B, pcmanfm is using a whole CPU (25% or so overall). Any good reason this should be so? Thanks,
3
3

world wide Pi shortage
anyone lse seeing this? -- (aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered) 'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me 'your story is so touching, but it sounds just like a lie' "Straighten...
8
8

Bluetooth and iPhone on Pi4
I've been given an iPhone6 and am having trouble connecting it to my Pi4. Using the USB cable seems to disrupt the USB boot drive, BlueTooth on the Pi4 seems to be disabled or not working right....

Dropdown of popup menu too tall
Is there a way to limit the height of the dropdown when you click on a popup menu? Other OSes seem to handle the situation when the height of a dropdown is more than the screen height, but on my Pi4B...
5
5

Delay slots?
Is it correct that in the various ARM processors fitted into RPis, that no delay slots after branches and loads are needed?
1
1

Struggling to read signals from IR diode
I'm using Pi3, Rasberry Pi OS Buster. Diode: TSOP38238 The diode is connected to GND, 3.3V and GPIO14 (= header pin 8) In /boot/config.txt: dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=14 The IR configuration seems to...
1
1

Installing ALSA libraries
Since the package for xoscope doesn't include ALSA support I tried downloading the latest sources. Looks like that doesn't find the required ALSA libraries, if I understand the instructions for...
5
5

X11R6?
I am trying to compile/install pgm last built from wheezy onto a rpi running buster os. The make and Makefile refer to /usr/X11R6 which doesn't exist in buster. What to do? (pgm in question is...
17
17

CrowPi/CrowPi2
Does anybody know this two packages practically? They seem to be very expensive but very useful also. I think about buying CrowPi2 for creating a mobile hard- and software-solution for "universal...
12
12

Best way to report bugs in packages?
In playing with xoscope on a Pi4 equipped with an ALSA sound capture device it looks as if the xoscope installed by apt has been compiled without ALSA support. This conjecture comes from: Looks like...
10
10