Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Why are Pis in such short supply at present?
It seems almost impossible to buy a Pi 4 for a reasonable price at the moment, why? I know computer hardware is in somewhat short supply but other SBCs (such as the Beaglebone) are readily available...
1
1

TVHeadend on Pi4, with PCTV 491e DVB-S2 and Hauppauge WinTV DualHD DVB-T2, feeding USB spinning HDD - glitches
I'm getting intermittent continuity errors on tuners connected to TVHeadend on a Pi4. For several years I've been running TVHeadend on Pi4, with a PCTV 491e DVB-S2 tuner and a Hauppauge WinTV DualHD...
9
9

Aplay without Sudo
I can get Aplay to play a wav file, but only if I use : sudo aplay without sudo, I get : aplay: main:788: audio open error: Device or resource busy. Any suggestions on how I get aplay to work...
31
31

Network performance
Hi there ! I'm using a couple of Pi 3B+, most of then running PiOS but one of them running Fedora 33. On all the PiOS ones, a "wget" download is going up to roughly 30 MB/s, which fits to my Internet...
4
4

Motion sensor that can "see" through glass
I have grown more and more hard of hearing as I grow older. and I cannot always hear when someone is at the front door. I'm looking for a motion sensor that I can locate inside the front window. I...
20
20

WTF!
I thought this newsgroup was a technical forum connected with a novel small computer. Various uses, ideas and problems. It seems I was wrong, and it is in fact an extreme version of UK politics -...
4
4

E-ink calendar and ToDo list
Hello everyone, I'm a new user in this newsgroup. I would like to create a personal google calendar and ToDo list using a, e-ink display without power adapter: a frame with display in it on the wall....
47
47

Pi 4 USB boot now working
Just to report success (at last) with getting my Pi 4 to boot from USB. The problem I was having with the 500Gb USB drive was either due to power problems or timing, I'm not sure which. As reported in...
1
1

Pi 4 USB boot works with stick, doesn't work with drive
Well now I'm really stumped. I'm trying to get my Pi 4 to boot from a (fairly small, 500Gb) hard disk. I've tried creating the image various ways (dd on Linux, rpi-imager, etc.) and nothing worked. So...
14
14

Does USB boot disk have to be FAT formatted?
I can't find anything in the documenatation that tells me whether a USB boot disk for a Pi 4 has to be FAT formatted or not. I know the SD card has to be FAT format but the 4 boots from eeprom so...
1
1

HDMI-Transfer via Air?
Hi, can I use something to project the Raspi-Picture on a TV? FW
4
4

How to diagnose failure to boot from USB?
I have written a Pi image to a little (spinning) USB drive I have and have connected it to my Pi 4. It's the same image as I recently installed on a new SD card. I have gone through the various update...
4
4

Need a reliable 'disk' drive - what/how to choose?
I have a couple of Pis which run all the time, one is the DNS server for our home LAN the other is a 'NAS' in the garage. So they're on all the time but not particularly hard worked. Over the past...
20
20

WiFi dropping on Pi4, what to do?
Following a RasPiOS upgrade yesterday, a Pi4 seems to be dropping its wifi connection considerably more than usual. In the past, this has been accompanied by signal strength readings below 70% on...
17
17

Raspi as a router...
...creating a WLAN, connected to a LAN-Cable. But what software can be used? Thank you FW
13
13