Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

raspi and HFS+ and ALAC
Hello, my collection of music (actually ca 2 TB coded in AppleLossless, ALAC) is located on an external HD of a Mac (therefor it is formatted in HFS+). Is there any possibility to play that collection...
1
1

ALSA sound cut short (gcc)
Hello all, I'm trying to generate a simple beep, and am heavily basing it on an example found here: Listing 3. Simple Sound Playback I've removed the reading from stdin and replaced it with filling...
16
16

Alternative power supply connection for Pi2
An older (version 1.1) Raspberry Pi 2 has suffered a broken microUSB power input connector. The internal "tongue" has snapped off, the connector body is still securely soldered to the board. For now...
9
9

How to backup installed packets ?
Hello all, As I can't seem to repair the sound problems I'm having I'm pretty much forced to reinstall everything from the ground up. As such I'm also looking at how to backup packages I'm going to...
13
13

Problem: No sound outof the audio-jack on a 3B+
Hello all, Problem: I cannot get sound outof of the audio-jack. :-( Using "speaker-test" the HDMI output does give sound. Currently I even have set "raspi-config" to force sound over the audio-jack,...
30
30

CooliPi, huge and expensive but the numbers speak for themselves
Just passing it along for those interested in Pi4 cooling:

No module named micropython
I managed to install the micropython-ssd1327-1.0.0 library,according to this: but after adding: import ssd1327 it returns File "build/", line 5, in ImportError: No module named micropython Have I...
6
6

I've made changes to RPi.GPIO and am ready to repack. But what about the documentation ?
Hello all, You might not have noticed (yeah, right :-) ), but I've been busy making changes to the package, and am now ready to repackage it. As such am looking at its documentation and have a few...
9
9

Python & thonny - how to catch a "stop the loop now" keystroke
Hello all, I'm currently using Thonny to write and execute my Python scripts in, and would like to be able to exit a loop by me pressing a key or button somewhere, so I can terminate the script...
2
2

OS-9 on an RPi?
Does anybody know whether OS-9 has been ported to an RPi? It claims ARMv5 and ARMv7 support, but thats all I can find on its main site. Its certainly light weight: its original release supported...
2
2

bird boxes and the like
I'm sure there must be other bird watchers out there. I have a bird box fitted with a Pi Zero and a PiCam NOIR. The inside of the box is illuminated by a couple of IR LEDs. Live feed at: The pictures...
19
19

Owncloud cannot be installed on Raspbian 10 (buster)
Hi all, just wondering how some people here managed to install NextCloud -- in my default repo set (for Raspbian 10 / buster) I cannot even find it. So I tried to install OwnCloud instead, but there...
3
3

Ubuntu 19.10.1 for Pi3 & Pi4, 32 & 64 bit
Just wanted to pass this along for the hobbyists.
52
52

can we disable the pi autologin?
How can we disable the pi autologin? Many thanks in advance
2
2

Pi4 vs Pi3 for running browsers
Now that it's been out for a while, does anybody have a comparision of the Pi4 to the Pi3 as a platform for web browsers like chromium, firefox and any others that come to mind? I'm using a Pi3 as a...
9
9