Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Weird keyboard behavior
I've got a RPi4 with USB keyboard and mouse. It all works fine but there's a very odd thing, which took me awhile to figure out: I have to press @ to get " and I have to press " to get @. Is that a Pi...
59
59

Bare metal programming on the Pi
Found a somewhat readable (for a non-programmer) account of how to load and run "bare metal" programs on a Pi4. It's at: The author still uses u-boot to load and run his code, leaving the question of...
4
4

apt upgrade hangs on Pi 4
Once again an 'apt upgrade' has stalled on my 1Gb Pi 4. Here's where it stops after a standard 'apt update' and 'apt upgrade' :- ... ... ... Unpacking apt-utils (1.8.2.2) over (1.8.2.1) ... Preparing...
1
1

Running a windows 7 firmwre updater on RaspiOS
I'd like to try running a firmware updater for a USB hard drive enclosure. Supposedly TRIM can be enabled via the updater, but it requires Windows 7. The host is an 8GB Pi4 running 32bit RaspiOS. The...
57
57

Are Raspberry Pi 4 cases just too small?
Yeah, I know the USP is a small circuit board is cool, but keeping the actual thing cool with a small poxy fan, while sticking a HAT on top - is calling for a much larger box with a better fan, or...
7
7

raspi4 on TV with remote control
Hi there, my raspi 3 running kodi works well with the remote control of my TV. But the raspi4 doesent. I have try 3 different cables and all HDMI inputs of the TV. Also i have try to reset the TV...
3
3

Which dotfiles are worth saving?
In getting ready to try the latest "full-upgrade" for RaspiOS I decided to save a copy of my home directory on another machine, just in case the upgrade goes wrong. It turns out to be a fairly big...
15
15

Pi 4 stuck on apt upgrade at "Removing 'diversion of /boot/kernel.img..."
My Pi 4 has got stuck during an upgrade. I just did 'apt update' followed by 'apt upgrade' (after 'sudo -i') and it went entirely normally until:- Adding 'diversion of /boot/fixup4x.dat to...
2
2

New Raspbian OS out
Tons of fixes. Woot!
5
5

raspi3 on TV with remote control
Hi, i have running a raspi3 with kodi connected to a TV screen. The remote control of the tv works fine for the raspi... until yestarday. The raspi was a vew days offline. I restart it and the codi is...
7
7

pi 3 max sd size
hello, max size for pi 3 B plus is 32Gbite or 64Gbite ? And the speed ? It's convenable use SD UHS II or III ? Regards
8
8

Using TRIM on spinning rust
Does anybody have experience/ideas regarding the use of TRIM with SMR hard drives? I recently discovered I own one, and would like to make the best of a bad (and increasingly unavoidable) situation....
1
1

rpi4 as server?
Hi all; a quick query about speeds. I currently use an old i386 machine as home server (everything from local NFS file-store, to bind, to email server). It's an acer aspire r3700, running at 1.8GHz, 2...
83
83

Recommendations for Pi desktop user interfaces
Uusally I only access Raspberry Pis via SSH, so the question of desktop user interaces hasn't really been an issue. Now that I have had a new Pi 400 on my desk for a couple of weeks, there are some...
8
8

Problem with two displays
I've 2 displays attached to my RasPi 4. The LXPanal is on HDMI1, which is fine. This shall be my main display. HDMI2 is only switched on when needed. Must programmes open on HDMI1. But sometimes they...
6
6