Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Playing sound samples in Wikipedia
When trying to play the sample sounds at the effort fails with Codec not supported: VLC could not decode the format "MIDI" (MIDI Audio) Is it possible to fix this? I've never tinkered with sound on...
3
3

Where are my backup files?
I recently encounted an i/o error on my backup NAS drive, so I ran fsck. It indicated a bad superblock so I ran sudo fsck -b 8193 /dev/sdc1 and answered y to fixes. Now I get this:...
37
37

Building XFree86 for Raspberry Pi Zero - Problem with Includes
First, yes I have heard of X.Org. Unfortunately its changelog shows that they removed the XAA subsystem, saying that it had been broken for some unspecified period of time before that as well. I...
2
2

Conditional resolution change
I have two (apparently) identical 7in monitors. xrandr shows exactly the same range of resolution, yet one always opens at the second to highest mode, and the other at the lowest one. As far as I can...
2
2

browser mischief
Since an updage to RaspiOS on my Pi4 a couple days ago it's become hard to watch YouTube videos; Chrome won't play at all, and FireFox is without audio. The odd thing is that the trouble didn't emerge...

£3.60
44
44

Inbuilt Wifi
For reasons not pertinent to PIs, I started researching wifi performance, and would like the assembled multitudes to comment on the correctness, or otherwise of what I have found. - All Pis with...
12
12

My darn NAS UPDATE...
So, it was weird. I connected my laptop to the ethernet and............ BOTH Pi 3 and Pi 4 OMV NAS setups STILL are only getting around 10Mb/s transfer rates!? So I don't know where my bottleneck is,...
6
6

CUDA ?
Is there a version of the CUDA libraries to run on the Video IV GPU of the RPi? (I'm not entirely sure that I'm asking the right question here)
1
1

My darn NAS - 2nd issue.
I run Manjaro LINUX on my daily driver laptops.. and I was trying to test the ethernet speeds [as we were talking about, for my NAS...] last night. Seems that this Arch-based Linux doesn't like to...

ubunu on Pi4, raspi os on Pi4
tried it, booted OK, no gcc by default apt-get ggc gets me a gcc that generates compile errors for all code that has globals defined in header files, useless, removed it (all of 'buntoo'). Would it...
2
2

green LED flashes 4 times - rpi B 3+ but works USB-boot
Hi! I have for a long time run a rpi 3B+ by having /boot / on the SD card and all application specific stuff on a small (80 GB) USB-disk 2.5" spinning metal So the other day I bought a 120 GB SSD disk...
2
2

Battery Powered Project
I am working on a battery powered car and want the Pi to shut down automatically if the battery starts to go flat to try to prevent SD card corruption. I am a beginner to bash scripts! I will run this...
88
88

My darn NAS...
I had setup an Open Media Vault on a Raspberry Pi 3, which I know doesn't have gigabit ethernet... I use cheap USB Hard Drives, 2 x 4TB Seagates... I run a PLEX server and, although I'm sure I don't...
65
65

Fedora setup
Hi there ! I'd like to install Fedora server on one of my RPi 3B+. From my understanding, Fedora doesn't provide a pre-configured image like Raspbian does so that either a monitor or a serial console...
21
21