Zenith Vertical Deflection Problems

Hello

I have a Zenith TV. Model ZB2771h. The picture takes up only about half of the screen now, and it has gotten worse over time. I noticed before that as the TV warmed up, it grew from about 1/3 of the screen to about 2/3 of the screen. I have replaced the capacitors around IC2100, but it did not change anything. I did find one bad capacitor.

Also. I can not find a schematic anywhere online. Any ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I should do.

Thank You

The Smoker King

--
The Smoker King
Reply to

rtozier

Here are the numbers and manufacture date off of the back of the TV.

Model No. ZB2771h Service No. ZB2771h Serial No. 891-44300092 Manufatcured: July, 1988

--
The Smoker King
Reply to

Usually caused by electrolytic capacitors in the scan amplifiers, and power supply that are failing over time. As they age, they can become thermo sensitive. With proper troubleshooting and with the proper experience, the set can be serviced.

--

JANA _____

Hello

I have a Zenith TV. Model ZB2771h. The picture takes up only about half of the screen now, and it has gotten worse over time. I noticed before that as the TV warmed up, it grew from about 1/3 of the screen to about 2/3 of the screen. I have replaced the capacitors around IC2100, but it did not change anything. I did find one bad capacitor.

Also. I can not find a schematic anywhere online. Any ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I should do.

Thank You

The Smoker King

-- The Smoker King

Reply to
JANA

The ZB series was the special Bose sound model, service info on them is nearly non existant. Have you replaced both the 33uf and 47uf caps that sit next to IC2100? These fix the problem most the time. Other possibilitys include a bad or corrupted eprom IC or IC2100. This is the Zenith digital chassis I believe. If so, it was about the first design that used the bus controlled adjustments for height ect, instead of the old pots. If this set uses a TDA8175 (221-384) for IC2100 be aware it is no longer available if bad.

Reply to
RonKZ650

I have replaced both of those caps, and I found that a 100uf cap was bad, read about 67uf until I heated it up, then about 98uf. I noticed the (221-384) chip is not made any more, and I have cross-referenced it with another chip that might work.

Thank for your help.

--
The Smoker King
Reply to

Change electrolytics caps in the vertical

Reply to
intiglietta

I have done that also. A buddy of mine tested the vertical signal coming into the board with an O-scope, and he said the signal is bad before the board.

--
The Smoker King
Reply to

The Smoker King: Did your "buddy" with the O-scope then conclude that the jungle chip is bad..... or another related failure.... or did he not conclude anything about the real problem???

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

He did not conclude anything because he doesn't have the schematic and he never messed with the processor before.

sofie Wrote:

--
The Smoker King
Reply to