Zener Diode Identification

Hi everyone, I am repairing an industrial PSU and there is a few glass types zener diode on board and I found one which is shorted but the problem with these small glass type zener is that it is only marked with the numeric "123" and nothing more than that so how do I know what is the zener voltage of this diode?

Thanks Choong

Reply to
Choong

It sounds like you need the schematic. "123" is inadequate to identify the part. Is that really the only marking ? Have you got a picture ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Zeners are usually marked 5V1 (5.1 volts) 12V (obvious) 5.1.

123 doesn't ring a bell for me. Take a magnifying glass and a bright light and have another look. Also, are the other zeners marked the same way? And how did you determine they are zeners?
Reply to
Meat Plow

Some context on the application is needed if you can't find a schematic or parts list. Zeners are usually used for either protection or as a reference. What is it connected to?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:49:14 +0800, Choong put finger to keyboard and composed:

Could it be 12B ???

If so, then "B" probably indicates the tolerance.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar