Yamaha P7000S SMPS slave amp

Bought new 2 years ago, now died totally. Date? 2007 on the pcb overlays but Schuko mainland Europe mains plug with a 2014 moulding date. Firstly that line-plug set in an "clamshell" adaptor for the UK , with L & N swapped over, sprung brass earth used for "earth bond" continuity . A break in the intended neutral wire somewhere, I originally suspected a dodgey adaptor. I have removed the cable and break is not at the so-called "strain relief" grommet. I'll hack into the cable , to find&inspect the break before replacing the cable, anyone seen the likes? PbF soldering to the "euro" plug pins or tin-pest "tinning" failure ? No obvious overheating of the pins in the adaptor or casing or cable sleeve.

The internal 20mm 10 amp fuse & holder surprisingly looked healthy considering the yokes of the holder were only just making contact. Is it asking too much for 20mm format to carry 10 amps reliably?

Reply to
N_Cook