Yamaha DX7 keyboard, pitch shifting

Hi. I am about to start digging for information on this, but I wonder if anyone has run across it. It is an original series DX, not the follow-up II (whatever it was). The description that I have is that no matter which patch is selected, onboard, or from a cartridge, the pitch is all over the place, completely unpredictable. Does anyone know of any good online resources for this unit? Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Finally had a brief chance to experience the fault, and it's likely (I'll know before the day ends) that there has been a portamento setting left that should have been cancelled (the unit was apparently in the care of someone other than the owner before the "fault" materialized). Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre