Yaesu FT-757GX Problem

Hi Group , I have a Yaesu FT-757GX that has a problem with the receive frequency attenuating by 500khz. The frequency will jump up

500khz at will and then return to it's selected frequency at any given moment . It will jump in frequency in all modes and in all meter bands . This doesn't appear to be a heat related problem because it will attenuate the frequency even when cold . The digital display will not change when the transceiver attenuates in frequency . I am not sure if this transceiver has the problem in transmit mode . Will someone please help me with the fix to it's problem . Thanks for any good help . You are very appreciated . Thanks , KC0UZK
Reply to
rijo

Hello,

rijo ha scritto:

How did you determine it's exactly 500 KHz? and it's always a step of plus

500 KHz?

did you try to shake or poke the transceiver when the problem occurs and see if it gets back on frequency? This will tell you there's a lose connection and/or bad solder somewhere.

Do you have the service manual of the transceiver? If you don't, I believe you can download it from here:

I don't know enough this transceiver to give any other suggestion, sorry.

Best regards

Francesco IS0FKQ

Reply to
francesco.messineo

Hi and thanks for your reply . As far as your asking about the frequency jumping up 500khz , that was easy to figure out because of simply retuning the VFO the signal came in clear until it decided to attenuate again . I have the technical supplement to assist in my venture for repair . Banging on the transceiver is not always a good idea . None the less I have already fixed the problem and it works great now . All it was , was a trimmer capacitor that needed to be cleaned up and readjusted . Thanks for your reply . No further assistance is needed , Thanks , KC0UZK

Reply to
rijo