Yaesu FRG-7700 Tuning dial mechanical fault

The tuning dial of my Yaesu FRG-7700 receiver will not rotate beyond about 780 Khz. Is that easy to fix?

Reply to
Lucifer

I suspect that the tuning mechanism is a geared assembly. Manual here:

If it is mechanical, it may be jammed on something caught in the gears, or perhaps the gears have slipped. Otherwise, you may need to replace the part.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

If the main bearing is badly worn, then those teeth can come out of mesh. I've had this with a Trio TS530s. It's a simple matter to reset the gears, but if the worn bearing isn't dealt with beforehand it'll come out of mesh again pretty quickly.

Cursitor Doom

It works properly up to about 800Khz. Further rotation of the dial is possible but the frequency on the digital readout and the part around the dial do not go any higher. Hopefully when I take the cover off I will be able to fix it.

Reply to
Lucifer