XLR Jacks

I need two different types, both PC mopunt and stand straight up. ?I onther words the board it behind them, not perpendicular. Can't seem to find them. Parts Express, CE, Speakers Unlimited, even Didgikey and all them.

On one, part of it is missing so I don't know what it said, like Amphenopl or Swoitchcraft or whatever. the other ones I have not pulled yet. I am looking for a place sells them with pictures so I can match them up. I don't want to order the wrong thing.

So who has these things. Boss is cool with me opening up new sources. And we need it. I got him into Digikey now which is good, but they do not carry those XLR jacks.

Who does ? Someonw does.

Reply to
jurb6006

You tried Mouser and Jameco?

Reply to
Ken Layton

er words the board it behind them, not perpendicular. Can't seem to find th em. Parts Express, CE, Speakers Unlimited, even Didgikey and all them.

l or Swoitchcraft or whatever. the other ones I have not pulled yet. I am l ooking for a place sells them with pictures so I can match them up. I don't want to order the wrong thing.

we need it. I got him into Digikey now which is good, but they do not carr y those XLR jacks.

** FFS - stop being such a PITA scatterbrain.

Describe them properly and say what equipment they come from. No dealer has every make, model and version of XLR ever made.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Actually no, and that is what I was looing for. I have dealt with Muser a little bit but not much. I never thougbt of them for beign a source for this shit. I have never dealt with Jameco, I wil chec them out.

Thanks.

Reply to
jurb6006

Try Markertek. They do all kinds of audio and video cables and connectors. They have bunches of the cable connectors, but they also have some panel mount and PC board mount connectors. Unfortunately their search engine kind of sucks, so it might help to go to Amphenol, Switchcraft, or Neutrik's page to get a part number, and then search for that at Markertek.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Easier said than done.

I think one's a Peavey nd the other is a Crate, but I will check and get the model numbers.

These both mount perpendicular, in other words the board is parallel with the panel. I haven't ruin into any bad ones of other types, whether chassis or board munt, just these. Wonderr why.

Reply to
jurb6006

I will give that a shot. Actually I am lucky to be able to get on the net a t all there, I just ran AVG on two of their PCs and it was quite busy. Then I tried to install Dropbox and got it to go on one PC but not the next. Ar gh. Guess what kind of job I am glad not to have. So basically that's why a few things got backburnered.

They tell me those powered mixers sell pretty well.

Reply to
jurb6006

Well, I have been through all the suggesyions and still come up blank. (at least on the Crate, the Peavey might match up to something, in fact I want another look at it because I didn't pull the bad ones out yet)

I have also checked CE Distribution and they supposedly specialize in this sort of thing. No got.

One is a Crate PCM6+. It only needs one that somehow developed a leakage pa th between phantom poer and one of the signal pis making an awful racket. I t's seems to be extral long, the board sits behing the other board. Did the y perhaps have them special made ?

The other is a Peavey XR-684. I think those are elcheapo. it came in with t wo broen and just in testing without manhandling it I broke another one. Th e center plastic pulls off and because of the pressure, the contacts make i t impossible to just stick back on there. If I did that it would just fail agian anyway, plus I don't have the other two. I think it is only about a 1

2 channel or so, so if I ever find these things I will probably replace the m all. Once I got the thing apart, why not save future customer trouble ? T hey're all the same age and I'm sure the plastic is brittle compared to new .

What you figure my chances are of dealing with these manufacturers ? Does a nyone call Peavey or Crate and say "Send me bla bla bla and here's my credi t card number" ?

Reply to
jurb6006

I don't know about Crate but Peavey is easy to deal with. Call or send an email to their parts department. They are usually very responsive. Chuck

Reply to
chuck