WTD: TTL cross reference..

I've taken some time to search this out, and cannot find anything satisfactory. I am doing an inventory of a massive bulk buy of

4000/7400/8000/9000 series parts and findning descriptions is easy enough. But I am looking for a close to complete and valid cross reference guide. I know a few of these can be used in place of others, but am looking to validate that. has anyone compiled a good cross for these yet? TIA.

- Matt

Reply to
Matty-t

Not likely. There are 'replacement guides' that marketing departments use to steer customers to their employer, but in general the info made available is as much FUD as possible.

I recall Fairchild once noted that their 4000 CMOS was compatible with their LSTTL because the temperature tracking meant that worst-case current for CMOS was at high temperature, but worst-case current for LSTTL was at low temperature. So, they claimed all Fairchild

4000 series would drive any Fairchild LSTTL, at equal temperatures, THEN cautioned that the same 'might not' hold true of any other manufacturer's parts.

RCA had a completely different analysis of TTL/CMOS compatibility. You could never be sure if the RCA part and the Fairchild part were compatible, not from the data sheet, nor from the ancillary claims.

Reply to
whit3rd