WTD: BA5983FP Motor Drive IC

As a result of some self administered foolishness, I now have a very nice Toshiba CD drive with a blown BA5983FP motor drive IC. I know it's probably stupid to even want to try, but I'd rather fix this than throw it out (waste not, want not.)

Of the places I've checked, only MCM carries this IC, and they are out of stock. NTE does not show a cross.

Anyone got one, or know of anyone who stocks them?

thanks,

-

Jim Adney

B & D Enterprises lists it at $3.50 US. I deal with them all the time - they're the best US supplier of original semi's I know of.

800-458-6053

Sony also lists it as part # 8-759-567-26

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Thanks, and that's a LOT better price than MCM's $16.50. Now I just have to think of some other things I can use from B & D (odd choice of name...) to get up to their $15 minimum.

-

Jim Adney

They have an excellent selection of high quality electrolytic capacitors...

mz

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias