WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without
windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If
you have any in you junk box please contact me.

--
radiotek

Re: WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer
You can't come up with an old portable AM radio to scrap it from?
Go to Goodwill or Salvation Army or a yard sale, it will be less than
anyone could ship it to you.
Or order it from WWW.Bytemark.
                                  Mike

---

Re: WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

And used radios if old enough will offer up a variable capacitor which is
often required if one needs a loopstick.

There was a time when I'd find lowe end stereos on the sidewalk waiting
for the garbage, and that too was a good source of loopsticks, often
hanging outside the case.  But that seems to have dried up, either people
have finished tossing them, or they go to "electronic waste recycling".

   Michael

Re: WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

Any portable set old enough to have a 3/8" ferrite rod could have some value
as a collectible. Some of the shirt pocket transistor radios with the little
ferrite slab are even more valuable.

The all in one pre-micro music centers usually have a proper ferrite rod, as
do most separates tuner units.

They have almost no resale value, except high end separates.

Re: WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

** Plenty for sale on Ebay.

.....   Phil

Re: WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=ferrite+rod

"Without" - but a good range of options.

Re: WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

I went to  'CWS ByteMark Front Page' (http://WWW.Bytemark.com ) and (BOY)
there prices are very high. They wanted $33 for a 3/8" dia x 4" long
ferrite rod.

I just purchased a few junker radios from ebay and saved a lot.

I do appreciate you trying to help.

radiotek;3878648 Wrote:
> WTB: Looking for a good used AM ferritec rod antenna with or without
> windings that is 3/8" in diameter and is at least 4" long or longer. If
> you have any in you junk box please contact me.

--
radiotek

Re: WTB AM Ferrite Rod 3/8 Dia X 4"or Longer

Could be worth researching collectibles values before ripping.

Some might be worth refurbishing.

Site Timeline