where to find toshiba remote control codes?

I'm having trouble getting my new remote to communicate with my Toshiba DVD-VCR player. I tried all the remote control codes listed on the instructions of the new remote without success. How do I find the right remote control code? (My original toshiba remote is an SE-R0086 remote control.)

Reply to
markdemers15

I'm having trouble getting my new remote to communicate with my Toshiba

DVD-VCR player. I tried all the remote control codes listed on the instructions of the new remote without success. How do I find the right remote control code? (My original toshiba remote is an SE-R0086 remote control.)

There shouldn't be any issue of finding the right code with the Toshiba remote for the Toshiba device. If it is a universal, call the phone number in the sheet that came with it to ask them for the code.

Reply to
dkuhajda

but i lost my sheet. i got a new remote from my cable company and i need to program my cable company's remote to work with my vcr.

Reply to
markdemers15

ha ha!you have stolen the machine and now you want people to help you to find a way to use it because you are too stupid to do it yourself,humpadickie janitorman.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com schrieb:

Reply to
camy

markdemer: your "cable company" will certainly have the proper information and/or a replacement "sheet" that you can have or make a copy of. That would be your first and best option. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

markdemer: First, you need to understand that there is NOT a specific "code" for your Toshiba DVD-VCR player that you can punch into ALL the different univeral and programmable remotes that will make it work. Some remotes use a 3 digit code, some a 4 digit code, ..... and a code that works for one brand of universal remote will not work for a different brand of universal remote.... ....and to make matters worse, most combo units like your DVD-VCR player only work best with the factory original remote, even if you get a universal remote to work with it you will most likely not be able to access many of the important and sometimes frequently used functions.

electricitym