Where is the Pioneer ASC login page?

This might sound like stupid question but I have not accesed the Pioneer technical website for a while and need to get in right now to check something. My login information seems to have changed, I cannot for the life of me find where authorized Pioneer service centers can log into the site.

I used to go here:

Then follow these instructions to log in:

Go to Service & Support on the red menu bar, then choose Authorized Service Companies to bring up a login box window.

This page like don't exist anymore and I cannot find out where to log in as an ASC (Authorized Service Center) in order to get some unit information that I need right now. Is this info outdated or something or is there a new web page for ASCs to log in with? Thanks.

--
~Ohmster | ohmster /a/t/ ohmster dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body

Nowadays you login through their parts website.

You may need to re-register.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in news:qXPWi.52207 $ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

Ugh, I was here already and cannot find anyway to gain access as asc and have been to this site many times in the past. This blows I need some info RIGHT NOW and cannot in any way, find the ASC entrance to the site. I do remember having this issue in the past and forget what I did about it. I have google desktop search and it may be in the email stuff where I have to look.

Hey, if you can get in as an ASC from that web address, please let me know and what you had to do to find the ASC login prompt or at least what page did have the asc logon info on it. Thanks Mark.

thj

--
~Ohmster | ohmster /a/t/ ohmster dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body
(That is Message Body, not Subject!)
to pass my spam filter.
Reply to
Ohmster

In the upper left area of the page there is a spot to enter your username and password. In out case the username is our e-mail address previously registered on the parts website. The password will to be a new one - the old one you previously had won't work. Maybe it can auto-email you back with a generic password which you can change. You may have to call Pioneer for help on initial access to the site, but I would go over to the site and look. I'm not in love with the new servicers site either.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

I don't know what has happened to Pioneer service over the last few months. Over here, they had a service department which had been run by the same two guys for years. They always knew exactly what you were talking about, and were ALWAYS able to offer a fix for any nasty problem that you had. They were a pleasure to talk to, engineer to engineer. Sadly, Pioneer closed their service department completely about a year back, so these helpful guys are no more. Just an automated phone system now that when you finally get through to a human, gives you a snot-nosed kid paid to fence calls with the usual generic and insulting "have you tried a different disc" type of crap. Then he promises to get someone to call you back, but no-one ever does ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Yeah, Pioneer support has slipped over here as well, except they still try really hard for their plasma customers.

The absolute worst was Denon / Marantz service in the U.S. After D & M Holdings became the owner, the place became a virtual ghost-town. You'd be on hold for 20 minutes BEFORE being told to leave a message, which of course would not be returned. That is if they didn't drop the call after the 20 or 30 minutes of wait time... The have a new national service manager now, and his job is really cut out for him, but I can tell things are getting better. I was able to get a much-overdue rate increase, service manuals can (finally!) be downloaded, I have access to current parts pricing using Excel spreadsheets, and I have valid phone and e-mail contact information. Their technical support is really only generic though, their guy Lou is an old Sony guy, and doesn't have a lot of actual experience on the Denon product. Not a big hindrance however - if it's really such a pain in the ass repair, I just send it to New Jersey or Illinois, or just punt the whole deal.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

"Arfa Daily" wrote in news:FgYWi.11525$% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net:

Those two guys were Jeff Anbrews and Hugh Gordon. Yeah they were good guys, and they always picked up the lunch tab!