What is PORTTHRU

Everytime i use my laptop at a public WIFI, I see PORTTHRU as i refresh my list of available networks. This is everywhere I am. What is it?

Reply to
tubeguy

The ?portthru? network is an unsecured wireless network that is automatically created by certain HP laptops, Samsung wireless printers, and other devices. These are designed to help you set up ?ad-hoc? or direct computer to computer connections.

You definitely never want to connect to one of these.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Do a search and you will find out.

Reply to
KenW

Tubeguy seems to be incapable of using google.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fox's Mercantile

His problem. tough !!

Reply to
KenW

Yeah, but he makes it our problem.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fox's Mercantile

I'll let Google steal YOUR identity, NOT MINE. Google is one of the top identity stealing sites online. Along with Facebook and Amazon. I dont use any of these three. I do however use Duck Duck Go.

Of course if you want to add to the demise of usenet, just keep telling people to use google, for every on topic question they ask. Pretty soon you'll have this newsgroup all to yourself, and you'll be able to post questions and answer your own questions since no one else will be here.

But you're probably like this guy:

  • All my life I wanted to own a big expensive yacht. After killing everyone on board, it's finally mine. ALL MINE..... All I got to do now, is figure out how to get it up from the bottom of the ocean, after I serve my lifetime prison sentence.
Reply to
tubeguy

You're delusional if you think Duck Duck Go isn't doing the same data harvesting as Google.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fox's Mercantile

Then you are using Google. Duck Duck Go uses Google to do the heavy lifting, then they display it as if it was their own. The only thing the contribute are filters for the results from Google.

Reply to
Michael Terrell