What does decent celestial navigation freeware on Android actually do?

I wouldn't dream of having an HMO; they make money when they DON'T treat you. If our entire SS payment goes to Medicare plus the PPO supplement (costs 4x as much to pay 20% of the negotiated cost!) plus the drug benefit, I'm happy, although it probably will never come to that. We can go to any doc we want whenever we want (within the usual appointment limits, of course) without having to visit an asshole GP gatekeeper for permission. If we want Ahnold's cardiogenius surgeon to do our valve replacement we can have that. In fact we DID have that!

--
Cheers, Bev
    "We thought about one of those discount store caskets, but,

Different strokes for different folks.

That's good. I've always preferred not to be treated.

At $10 a visit?

But I like my asshole GP.

Authorization can be obtained by phone and lasts a year.

I didn't know Arnold Schwarzenegger was a doctor...

Reply to
AL

"Well, I don't think you need that valve replacement, you can just take

6 meds for life, be tired all the time, be covered with bruises and die early..."

Zero co-pay. The Blue Shield Plan F supplementary policy pays anything that Medicare approves but doesn't pay -- copays, deductibles, etc.

I haven't had one of those for decades. Neither did my mom or my MIL.

I would imagine that this depends on the HMO.

He's not. He had a heart valve replaced by Vaughn Starnes, the top guy in the field of robotic heart surgery. Check him out on youtube.

--
Cheers, Bev
    Subscribe today to "Fire in the Hole - the Quarterly Journal

I have over 20 cardiologists on my list within a 10 mile radius.

Ah. The expensive plan F. I also have that available but it is $300 a month more than I pay. That would buy a lot $10 doctor visits.

Your Ahnold's cardiogenius surgeon treats the common cold?

Enough. I'm sure we're both damn glad you're not me. You can have the last word...

Reply to
AL

Given the price of fancy surgery etc. we're ahead of the game for the rest of our lives.

NOBODY treats the common cold unless you mean with aspirin, Benadryl, chicken soup, etc. I mean a GOOD GP. My latest one actually is good, but she works only one day a week. It's fortunate that I'm never sick.

OK, I'll take it!

--
Cheers,	Bev
   "...and then I'll become a veterinarian because I love children."