What about the Contact Cleaner sold at Walmart?

I noticed that Walmart sells a aerosol can of what is called "Contact Cleaner". (For electrical switches and stuff like that). I have never used it.

In the old days I used Radio Shack's contact cleaner. These days I use Deoxit, and I think Deoxit is a great product. But Deoxit is quite expensive, and has to be mail ordered. For expensive electronics, potentiometers, and similar, I'll use Deoxit, but for common slide switches, push on connectors, and other non-critical items, I'd like something cheaper to use, and easier to buy.

I have to wait till I get ot Walmart again, but if I recall, I think the brand is GC Electronics, and it sells for about $5 to $6 a can. It's sold in the automotive department (along with other chemicals such as carb cleaner).

Have any of you used it? Is it any good?

Reply to
tubeguy

"Pay shit, get shit."

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

GC DE OX ID. Some like it. I have it but not really used much to tell. MG has some decent products. Try some CRC 2-26 it's more of an oily cleaner.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Deoxit range is available at the guitar center stores.

still expensive but lasts a long time really.

Reply to
JC

The new nozzles make sure you need to buy more shortly.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I've been using Seicront KF dor a long time , but laws considerations have killed it. It was the best.

It is replaced by Siceront F2 which a little less efficent, but still useful.

Reply to
Look165