Weird CRT monitor acting like an LCD !

I have a 21" Dell CRT monitor. About a third of the way from the top of the screen there is a horizontal line - just like you see when an entire line of pixels fails on an LCD monitor. It's only very faint at the moment. The line is dead still (doesn't roll with the refresh rate) and it is (obviously) more noticeable when the screen is white or the white mouse pointer is positioned so the line passes through it.

What would cause this kind of fault !?

Allan.

Reply to
(Just) Allan

It sounds like it might be a trinitron/aperture grill CRT, which has support wires approx 1/3 from the top and bottom of the screen. If so, this isn't a fault, it's perfectly normal. Generally the wires should be very faint, though noticeable on light screens.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Sounds like you have a Trinitron, it'd be either vertically flat, or completely flat face. There's another line about 1/3 up from the bottom, this is by design and is perfectly normal, I can see the lower one on my own monitor as I write this, it's quite faint though, I don't notice it unless I look for it.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yep, that's it alright - thanks folks.

Reply to