WD-40 to clean electric contacts?

Never saw gumming after decades.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

The issue with free-flight two and four-stroke diesel glow engines is that the general lubricant is either a PAG based oil, or castor oil, typically f rom 17% to as much as 25% of the fuel (the rest being Methanol and often bu t not always nitromethane). Not all of this oil burns. The residue that has not been reduced to hard varnish is soluble in WD-40. Rinsing with WD-40 a nd not completely removing the residue spreads it thinly all over everythin g - which then promptly gums up as the WD-40 dissipates.

It is not the fault of the WD-40, but of the user, for not using enough.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Just my 2 cents, but I think PB Blaster is an excellent product for loosening bolts and other automotive uses. Much better than WD40. I have never used Kroil. Mostly cuz I never see it sold anywhere in auto parts stores. But I heard it's good......

What is "Ed's Red"?

Reply to
tubeguy

Kroil is sold on line. I use it because it works.

A home brew mess for cleaning guns.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Watching a video or two, Liquid Wrench came out on top for nuts and bolts.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Yeah, "I saw it on youtube (or facebook)."

That's laughable, Liquid Wrench is better than WD-40, but PB-Blaster is better than Liquid Wrench, and Kroil is better than PB-Blaster.

That's just the way it is.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0