W10 imploded again.

Anyone know what to type into the server entry in WLM2009?

Its virginmedia but the email address is an old ntlworld.com.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Ian Field

philo

Thanks.

I was desperate enough to ask in several places, so the answers will probably keep coming in for a few days.

This crap never used to happen with XP.

Reply to
Ian Field

It's a good chance to see whether the solution is consistent among different sources. Something like the juror system in courts. ;)

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!

erver

Maybe you should check your hardware... HDD failing perhaps?

Reply to
lsmartino

My XP box just did - it had been getting flaky, but nothing serious. I decided to delete the boot partition and start over - the installer reported that formatting the HDD failed. When I get time - a few tests to make sure, then the bin.

The HDD & PSU are possible suspects on the W10 box - but the new install appears to be working.

The problem I needed help with - I'd forgotten what to type in the WLM2009 server settings.

Reply to
Ian Field