Volume problem

I have a friend's old stereo system and the volume does not go as loud as it should. The system has a turn-table and 8-track tape player and radio. It is Montgomery Ward brand name. It all works fine except the volume doesn't come up properly. Thanks for any help

Reply to
turfman

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

Give up and buy something descent before you put money and time in to an old unit like the one you have!

--

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

turfman spake thus:

Pitch it and either 1) go to a secondhand store and get a new old one for $10 or 2) wait for one to appear on the curb. Otherwise, ain't worth messing with.

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

turfman:

I have a car that doesn't go fast enough.... thanks for any help.

What preliminary troubleshooting have you performed?? voltage measurements? component tests? both channels equally low? distortion? tried new speakers? visual observations? model number? Specs and design summary of the unit?

electricitym

Reply to
electricitym

Is it maybe deqsigned for ' Ohms loudspeakers and it has 8 ohms ones ?

Reply to
BrettZell