Voice recorder problem! Please help if you can...

Hi all, I just got an Olympus Pearlcorder S702 microcassette voice recorder off of eBay (there's mistake #1)...for my musician's needs as a way to listen to myself, I don't need anything fancy. It has this really weird problem....all functions work beautifully except the record function. I checked it out, and the rotating drivers that hook onto the casette spin just fine, except when I hit rec/play, when it spins for a short time and then fizzles out. Sometimes it spins longer than at other times, but wait long enough, and it will stop rotation. This causes the recorded audio to waver everywhere in pitch, and generally sound ugly. Batteries are new. Is this a matter of lubrication/cleaning, or did I buy a cheapo piece of trash, or is it mechanical, or hopeless...etc...? Ideas.....!? Thanks.... Chloe H.

Reply to
hmz6

Are you sure that this is not normal operation for this item ? Many of these little dictation machines go into a " record ready " mode when you press play and record, but need a further button press and hold, to actually start continuous recording. This is to prevent battery and tape wastage. The short run when you first go into record ( ready ) is to separate individual recordings.

Also, some models have VOX ( voice activation ). My wife used to use an Olympus Pearlcorder a few years back, and I'm pretty sure that this had something odd about recording, that we puzzled about when she first got it. Can't remember the model number, though. If you haven't got a user manual for it, you should probably try and find one online, or failing that, pop down to your local Office World store, and ask one of the nice friendly ( !! ) sales assistants if they know the model, and what you're doing wrong.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Arfa Daily" wrote in news:0g1vg.41023$ST2.29356 @newsfe5-win.ntli.net:

Jim Land

As others have suggested, look for a VOX switch and turn it off; it may be labeled "VCVA"

Even if you get that problem solved I suspect you'll be very unhappy with the results. Microcassette recorders are great for voice but terrible for music: very limited frequency resp> Hi all,

Reply to
Bennett Price