Vizio E321MV LED/LCD 32" TV makes a few random clicking sounds when powering on/off

I have a Vizio E321MV LED edge lit LCD tv. When I power up the tv after it's been off for a while I sometimes notice that it can makes a few random clicking sounds (e.g. could be a few clicks in a row hapening within a 1 second time frame, but not until several seconds (or more) of time has elspsed since the power on was pressed). These clicks are NOT coming from the speakers. To me, it sounds like the plastic case expanding/contracting, but I would not expect this happen so quickly after being turned on, especially with an LED backlit TV. I've also sometimes noticed the clicking happening after powering off as well. Again, it is NOT coming from the speakers.

Any idea why this clicking can happen when powering on/off ,and is this normal? Keep in mind this is LED backlit and not LCD.

Thanks,

J.

Reply to
jaynews

To be clear, the TV otherwise appears to work fine. Just wondering if the clicking is normal. Thanks.

Reply to
jaynews

And, by "not LCD" I meant "not regular LCD that uses flourescent bulbs"

Reply to
jaynews

Anyone know of a www sound file of a representative SMPS in failure/prior to vailure mode , the characteristic, for those who've heard it before, chirp/ping/click ?

Reply to
N_Cook