Vital question on 169 HOT shorted.

I have posted the question before and I'm trying again. I had few bad flyback transformers pass the flyback tester before and blow the HOT and it was not the capacitors & diodes.

This P60752EB (CTC/PTK169PE) came in with multiple components that have to be replaced except HOT is shorted that raise the concern.

When I come across like this, I replace the flyback transformer and HOT, and other required part replacements. This 169 chassis require four caps replaced in power supply, HV divider block (caused by high B+ due to bad caps), but I have not seen like this plus a bad HOT as well.

This make me concerned can customer tried to turn on TV repeatedly eventually that bad HV block clobbered fly and HOT to die or HOT failed but fly still good?

Flyback transformer is NLA so I'm worried. That's the whole point of this, I ask: Will that be ok by replacing these HOT, horizontal parts and usual repair job I outlined above? Tell your experience like this particular case.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.