Vintage TV repair test equipment

Over the years I have acquired a lot of vintage test equipment. I still
use most of it, but I have the following, which I think is something I
will never use. I only work on Tube gear, or real early transistor stuff
without chips. That means I will never work on any flat screen modern
HDTV televisions.

There are three devices:

1. Flyback tester. I KNOW that is obsolete, modern TVs dont have
flybacks, only CRTs use them.

2. Sweep generator and marker. This one I am not sure about????

3. Bar Generator. (Puts colored bars both horizontal and vertical on the
screen). [This one I guess is still useful.]

I also have one of those High Voltage Probes for my Eico VTVM. That I
know is obsolete and is only for CRT sets.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of selling some of this stuff. I like collecting
and restoring old tube radios, stereos, and audio and guitar amplifiers,
but I dont have room for old tube television sets, even though it would
be nice having one of those antiques. But I dont really plan to do
anymore work on televisions. My own TVs and computer monitors are all
flat screen types now, and if they die, I will simply replace them,
unless its a simple repair such as a blown fuse, bad power switch or a
broken wire.

---
The reason that most of the old wax capacitors have failed, is because
the bees wax was gotten from "Low Tech" bees!

Re: Vintage TV repair test equipment

I don't see how that would be useful. A computer can put anything at all onto a video signal, not stuck to a few preset testcard images.

There are people working with HV

Some old TVs are as small as radios eg Ekco TMB272.

bad psu caps are often worth testing for

NT

Site Timeline