Vintage eBay frequency counter question

Worth fixing up, or destined only for a new home on the scrap heap?

<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Computer-Measurements-Company-Electronic-Counter-400-MC-Frequency-Conv/271738245865?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Asking price is too high either way IMO

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

There's cheaper alternatives to waste your time/money on.
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-K-precision-520-MHZ-frequency-counter-/322577742771?hash=item4b1b21bbb3:g:3vkAAOSwVJhZWr8z

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

Rode hard and put away wet...

Short answer is a resounding NO.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

I appreciate the sanity-check ;-)

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question
snipped-for-privacy@de.lete.earthlink.net says...

Unless it is for some collection, I would send it off to the scrap heap.
I would not even think about paying the postage if it was given to me.

Some old things are worth playing with if you have nothing else to do.
I don't think this is even one of those.

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

Gut it out. Build in a PC. Sell it to a hipster.

--
Adrian C

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

It's got like, toobs, man. They sound warm

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question
On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:51:34 +0100, Adrian Caspersz

Steampunk conversions are more interesting:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=steampunk+computer&tbm=isch

Take a closer look at red plastic in the panel on the photos.  It
kinda looks like those are Nixie tubes behind the plastic.  That could
make it some kind of collectors item.  I assume that it does't work
since the seller didn't bother plugging it in.  So, you could modify
it into a large Nixie tube digital clock and power line frequency
meter, or just forget about it because it's far too much work.

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

On closer inspection it looks like it's missing a backplane card too.
Who knows where one would find a replacement...

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

If you like NIXIs strip them out and use modern driving and build a room
clock , with a wow factor

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

Electronic-Counter-400-MC-Frequency-Conv/271738245865?ssPageName=STRK%
3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649>

Deffo.

Nice idea that.

Re: Vintage eBay frequency counter question

Meh, I could buy a couple dozen good Soviet planned-economy
strong-like-bear NOS nixies for that price.

Site Timeline