Viewsonic VG150 LCD Sync Problem

I have several of these monitors, and all developed a sync problem just before the warranties expired. On a DOS screen, I noticed that the bottom 1/4 of the monitor screen was "lost", or appeared blank. Hitting the return key on the keyboard would scroll the screen upward to show the missing information. When the computer would first boot (on the BIOS info screen), if a line of text landed at the right spot on the screen, it would appear that the line would "echo" and repeat all the way to the bottom of the screen. And, somertimes on power-up, the screen would not auto-size and would appear larger and out of proportion. A power-off/power-on cycle would sometimes fix it.

All of the monitors were returned for warranty service to Viewsonic. Now one of the monitors is again exhibiting the same symptoms.

Design flaw, or components that commonly fail? And if there are commonly-failing components, what do I look for?

Many thanks...

** To respond, remove the crap from my addy... **
Reply to
prc1