Viewsonic 17" LCD display (VA721) HD15 connector pinout?

I had one of these brought in, since the customer had accidentally severed the VGA connector off from end of the cable.

I figured out all but one connection. Where I connect the "VGA CON" line on the HD15 connector?

The service manual does not have this info.

Thanks,

Jan Finland

Reply to
Jack

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:04:54 +0300, Jack Has Frothed:

Pin assignments

1 RED Red video signal 2 GREEN Green video signal 3 BLUE Blue video signal 4 N/C Not connected 5 GND Ground 6 RED_RTN Red video signal return 7 GREEN_RTN Green video signal return 8 BLUE_RTN Blue video signal return 9 N/C Not connected 10 GND Ground 11 N/C Not connected 12 SDA I2C data 13 HSYNC Horizontal synchronization signal 14 VSYNC Vertical synchronization signal 15 SCL I2C clock

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

Thanks, but in Viewsonic service manual, there is a "VGA CON" coming from the circuit and going to the VGA connector. This is what I was looking for.

Jan

Reply to
Jack

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 22:30:23 +0300, Jack Has Frothed:

You don't have the severed HD15?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

Nope, it was lost. That's the problem ;-)

Jan

Reply to
Jack

Possibly GND? Or I guess the real question is does it work without it.. Its pretty easy to figure out which pin is which by trial and error on monitors.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 23:00:18 +0300, Jack Has Frothed:

Well then if no answer, you could try it on one of the n/c pins

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

OK, I'll give it a try without it.

Thanks.

Jan

Reply to
Jack

So, logic should get you there. You have all the other pins ID so ignoring the NCs there might be just one pin left

David

Jack wrote:

Reply to
quietguy