Vertical line on LG Flatron L1715S 17" LCD

I dismantled an LG Flatron L1715S 17" LCD today to clean the screen and backlight.

Now when I power it on, there is a fine vertical line from top to bottom on the screen? The colour of the line varies when the screen is on.

I have checked all the cables are firmly in on the interface boards. Wiggling the connectors to the screen doesn't make any difference.

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

You've bumped one of the connections from LCD driver to LCD panel (the part that has long, narrow chips mounted on flexible PCB), killing one line drive? I doubt it is repairable.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

It's done. A single line means a failure in the bonded ribbon between the display and the interface board. You might be able to revive it temporarily by using a compression apparatus (foam) if you can locate the point of separation, but it's a long shot.

Reply to
John-Del

I did try exerting pressure on the bonded ribbon along the panel with the LCD on, but there was no change in the line?

Could the line be caused by a loose wire in the loom between the display board (processing and VGA connector) and the LCD interface board? I did at one point have to apply quite a bit of pressure to remove the loom connector.

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

No. The only harness/ribbons that carry single line signals is between the glass substrate of the LCD display and the interface board it's bonded to.

Reply to
John-Del

You meant the picture is there with a vertical line on it or you have no picture at all and only a single pixel line? I can't imagine the mentioned unrepairable ribbon causing the second sympthom, the first probably. If it is the second sympthom look at the connection that was hard to remove, it is likely not properly seated.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul