Using an iPad to follow a YouTube DIY without Internet to replace automotive speakers

Most of the sound you hear in any room is actually reflections. Like 70%. So in your setup, you might get cancellation of the direct sound, but that's only part of what you hear - and the rest takes various paths that don't cancel.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Dull red is about 650C (1200F). Might be a bit hard on the driver transistors, upholstery and insurance policy.

I like these speakers from the bad olde daze when cars only came with one speaker cutout in the dash: The fun part was driving each coil 180 degrees otto phase and watching the speaker cone tear.

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. Maybe one of these speakers would be more interesting: "10 BIGGEST/LOUDEST Speakers" (6:25) In the distant past, I worked on a compressed air battlefield propaganda very loudspeaker. Something like a modern version of one of these: Pretend I didn't mention this as it might topic shift the "discussion" beyond the tipping point of no recovery. More:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

percussive music power or something like that. "

Or PiPILS - Peak Instantaneous Power If Lightning Strikes.

capable of handling brief peaks of 10,000 watts in order to avoid clipping". "

Actually not so brief in the case of a muted trumpet. However that still would require head voltage of what ? Maybe 3,163 times the normal rails ? (I am NOT figuring that out)

Even at that, if normal music was not compressed it would never fit within the dynamic range of anything.

Reply to
jurb6006

$ 45/hour $ 75/hour if you took it apart $ 90/hour if you advise $ 500/hour if you watch

Actually you can watch as long as you don't want to.

Reply to
jurb6006

If you get one of the pair reversed it sounds like shit because it cancels the bass out. It also can be described as the sound "going through your head".

Reply to
jurb6006

But shouldn't it be enough to notice? I've tried swapping the connections to a speaker before and there is precisely zero noticeable difference.

--
Microsoft: This company has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
Reply to

Am Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:14:57 +0100, schrieb James Wilkinson Sword:

You have an intuitive mind.

Every car is different. I've replaced spark plugs in an Infiniti where the engine has to come out. For you to say, "funny, whenever I've replaced spark plugs (and I've replaced a lot in my cars), I've never had to lift the engine", is just telling us you haven't done enough engines yet! :)

Likewise, I've replaced what amounts to the PCV valve in a BMW (they call it a CCV) where the amount of stuff that has to be removed is nothing like that of a typical American car so for you to say something like "funny, whenever I've replaced PCV (and I've replaced a lot in my cars), I've never had to lift the intake manifold", is just telling us you haven't done enough engines yet! :)

You just don't have the expertise yet - but you will soon.

The iPad doesn't have cellular. It's WiFi only. And if it had cellular, it wouldn't work, since the neighbor's SIM card wouldn't even fit, let alone work. And they are on Verizon anyway, but it still wouldn't work as they had puny cellphones.

You don't have the expertise yet to understand the problem set sufficiently, (likely because you have no experience with iOS perhaps?) which is fine but which seems to be the case.

Remember, it took only a minute or three to set this up, whereas what you're suggesting is either impossible (putting the tablet on their wifi network) or impractical by way of comparison (using a puny cell phone when a tablet is better).

What would be preferable, instead of suggesting impossible or impractical solutions, would be to suggest a one-step (instead of two-step) solution to get the video onto the WiFi-only iPad.

Now *that* would be a useful suggestion (because it would take intelligence and expertise to solve that problem, which is something that is not intuitive).

Reply to
Ragnusen Ultred

I see it as common sense.

If I can't access A without removing B in the engine bay, I take it to the garage. I don't even change my own oil. I do however buy my own parts on Ebay. This really pisses off the garage who likes to make money on markup. I get them to do a service/MOT check and give me a list of what's wrong with it, then I turn up a few days later with all the parts and insist they only charge for the labour on the bill. If they refuse, bringing up the subject of ripoff and markup frightens off other customers and they get on with it.

Car designers never seem to think of servicing ease.

Then the ipad is a piece of shit. Use whatever phone of yours or theirs has cellular access.

I avoid IOS because I know it's rubbish.

Stop using an Ipad. Surely there are normal tablets (as in non-Apple) that can access the cell network?

--
On the topic of mobile phones:
Anything bigger than 4 inches is getting into the region where most people would have difficulty holding and using the device comfortably -- Callum Kerr, 2013.

s to a speaker before and there is precisely zero noticeable difference. "

Everyone's ears are different. I can usually tell immediately. It is much h arder when the speakers are far apart, but if you put them right next to ea ch other you should be able to hear the difference.

I have a DPDT switch wired for that, for reasons. Goes something like this :

==>:

Reply to
jurb6006

Also, one very high end speaker manufacturer (Quad maybe ?) tested each of the speakers of one model freshly built by putting it next to a reference s peaker and feeding them the same (IIRC) 1,000 Hz square wave out of phase. A mike was placed exactly in between the two and was expect to have zero ou tput. If it nulled the speaker was perfect, if not it was a reject.

Reply to
jurb6006

What a load of shit you tossers spout.

Reply to
+++ATH0

What do you expect from someone called "Ragnusen"?

--
Worlds most powerful nob enlarger - a space suit with a fly zip
Reply to