Using 3 lead LiPo instead of 2 lead original

Relating to childrens toys, powered noise cancelling earphones etc, ie small low power items and bodging repairs! : Ocasionally there is a need to replace a LiPo single cell 2 lead protected cell and I only have a 3 lead cell suitably sized to use. As far as I know the third lead is only used for sense monitoring, so just using the 2 (+,-) leads should be fine but anyone done this and knows the answer? I think the battery protection should work the same without the third lead, or should the third lead be tied to (-)? C+

Reply to
Charlie+